Dehydrated San Marzanos
Since dehydrating takes up a lot of energy, we used the greenhouse to kickstart the process. For this method, you'll want to start in the morning. Here's how it's done.
1. Quarter the San Marzanos, lengthwise.
2. Arrange on parchment paper-lined dehydrator trays so that none of the slices are touching.
3. Stick the trays in the greenhouse for the day.
4. Once the suns gone down, bring the trays inside and stack on the dehydrator. Turn it on and let the machine run overnight.
5. If tomatoes aren't completely dehydrated, bring them back into the greenhouse the next day.
Store in a cool place and use to make sauces, stir into pastas, serve on salads, and more!